Tuesday, June 10, 2014

6-4-14



I love living on this campus and being constantly surrounded by God’s creation. Although Riverside Retreat is a “Nature Camp,” we are extremely blessed to have air conditioning, refrigeration, hot water and many other modern accommodations. Unfortunately, for the first few weeks of training, the other five interns and I are living in what we call the bunkhouses, which are essentially exactly that: buildings with bunk beds in them. Essentially what that means is that in order to access the aforementioned running water, the interns must trek down through the mud and grass to the RV park shower house. The door on the women’s restroom sticks so well that in order to access the room, most of the time it is necessary to yank with great force (which given that most circumstances involving the need for restroom use imply great hast, makes the adventurous journey to utilize the facilities even that much more frustrating).
But don't mistake my detail for complaints; although I certainly do dislike living the bunkhouses, I'm grateful to even have a bed, roof and A/C. I could be sleeping in a tent in the soggy heat of FL summer nights... 

No comments:

Post a Comment